cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP C-Class and setting up with Cisco 3120x to distribution switch

Greg Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new C-Class system which has 3 blades and two cisco 3120x in the enclosures. The question is what is the best way to connect the multiple switches to our distribution switch. Out initial though was to connect the 2 3120x with the stackwise cable so the 2 switches look like a single switch. I would then use 2 or 4 ports of the 3120x switch ( EtherChannel) and connect to the distribution switch. I would then use 2 or 4 ports more ports of the 3120x switch ( EtherChannel) and connection to our second distribution switch. I am alittle confused on the difference between connecting these switches together. With the 3750 we called it Stackwise but in the 3120x docs it calls it VBS. It this the same thing? Am I on the right track in connecting the swicthes to our distribution siwtches?

Thanks Greg

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

All switch models support stacking through Cisco StackWise Plus technology.

Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3120 for HP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps6746/ps8742/ps8749/data_sheet_c78-439133.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: