cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

HSRP between two routers

hi,

we have two border routers, two Cisco 3825 routers one connected to an active T1 and the other to a Shadow T1 with HSRP running between them.

my question is this: shouldn't configuration changes on the active router be reflected onto the stand by router? i am under impression that this should be the case but it is not happeing, i may be worng.

any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Masood

3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: HSRP between two routers

Hi Masood,

HSRP is not a mechanism for providing synchronized configuration between two routers. All that it does is to provide the ability to share a single IP address between two routers for the purpose of default gateway redundancy.

Paresh

PS> Pls do remember to rate posts.

Bronze

HI

with routers HSRP cannot achieve the replication of the config between both boxes,it just does provide a virtual router with a virtual layer 2 and 3 addresses.

however what you want to achieve can be done with PIX and ASA.(when you configure one box it replicates the config to the standby box)

HTH

Hi,

I hope I understand your question and just ignore if this is not the case...

You need to reflect the changes on both routers. The config-synchronization feature is only available on the HA of Supervisors, III, IV, 720 etc...

So if you need to change the configurations on 1 router, you need to configure the other router as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content