Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-2811 router

aziz.imran
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i am using 4 ports HWIC in 2811 router for LAN interface. All ports are layer 2 ports unable to assign ip address. I am using advance security IOS 12.4(5)trying to create vlan. but unable to enter vlan in data base, when trying to map one of port of HWIC to that port its giving error vlan not in database...i am unable to find any command for this supported in this IOS.

i want to use thses ports as layer-III ports. Any idea? I'll appriciate your response.

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Aziz,

If you are talking of the HWIC-4ESW module, then as per the data sheet, these ports cannot be used as a routed port. However you can definitely go to the VLAN database mode and configure VLANS and SVIS

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804554c7.html#wp1043332

HTH

Narayan

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

They cannot be used as a routed port per se but the port should still be routable, just create a layer 3 SVI for the vlan and then put the interface into that vlan .

router#vlan database -->hit enter

vlan 10

exit

interface vlan 10

ip address 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0

interface f4/0

switchport access vlan 10

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card