cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-4ESW, 2811 router and Internet

keyyo0200
Level 1
Level 1

I have a barrracuda web filter, The LAN port of the Barracuda is connected to a switch and the WAN port of the Barracuda is connected to a 2811 router. The WAN port of the Barracuda is connected to 1 of the HWIC-4ESW port and I also have a DSL modem connected to the router. What I am trying to do is route Internet traffic through the web filter out the router to the DSL modem to the Internet. I have created VLAN on the router for the HWIC-4ESW. Can someone give me some assitance to get this working.

2 Replies 2

trippi
Level 1
Level 1

Post your config minus the public ip addresses.

bryan

A little clarification about the configuration and about the topology would be helpful. Which interface is the DSL plugged into? Is it a port in the switch or a routed port on the router?

It would also be helpful to know (at least in general) what kind of address space was assigned to you by the provider. And what address space is used on the outside interface of the web filter?

It would also be helpful to know whether the router (from the router console) is able to access devices in the Internet.

From the limited information given I would guess that the most common problem is that there is no address translation for traffic coming from the filter through the router and out to the Internet. Can you tell us whether address translation is configured?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card