I have an issue on my network.Find attached the network diagram.
Three different providers are connected to a plain switch.The three different providers in turn provide point to point connectivity to all the terminals in different locations.
The issue at hand now,is that the if one Provider is up the other providers will be down,as all the terminals and providers are on the same LAN,i.e the same network.
I got to know HWIC-4ESW or HWIC-D-9ESW ,but i dont know if it is going to solve my problem and i dont know how to configure it.And if am going to configure should i create a VLAN or should i just put all the different providers on different ports.
What is the advanatge and disadvantage of VLAN.
What do is tand to gain if i onfigure HWIC-4ESW or HWIC-D-9ESW and put the different providers on differnt ports.
What is the advantage of configuring HWIC-4ESW or HWIC-D-9ESW on a router over using a layer 3 switch like 3560
(1) How do i configure Vlan on HWIC-4ESW.Also how do i allow the differnt vlan to talk each other ie Inter VLAN routing on HWIC - 4ESW.
(2) Give an example of a router configuration (2811 router or 2800 series or any router) using inter Vlan on a HWIC-4ESW.
(3) Can sub-interface command be used on a router where HWIC- 4ESW is configured for intervlan.
(4) What advantage does a large ip adrress host have on a network .For example i plan to have 300 host on my nework now.If i choose 172.16.0.0 with subnet mask of 255.255.224.0 ie 8190 host or i decide to use 172.16.0.0 with subnet mask of 255.255.248.0 ie 2046 host or i decide to use 172.16.0.0 with subnet mask of 255.255.254.0 ie 510 hosts ).
Definately,one of the above scenario (8190 hosts,2046 hosts and 510 hosts will have there comparative advantage and disadvantage.Pls expalin in details .
(5)Can VLSM be configured on a HWIC-4ESW
Pls,If you have answers to the following questions i will appreciate your quick response.
If you connect a device on port 1 with IP address range 192.168.2.2 - 254 and default gateway 192.168.2.1 while connecting a device on port 2 with IP address range 192.168.3.2 - 254 and default gateway 192.168.3.1, they should be able to ping each other.
2) See above
3) Why would you need subinterfaces on a ethernet port ? To carry more than one Vlan ? If so, you can configure trunking on the ports
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
4) 172.16.0.0/20 has a larger broadcast domain than 172.16.0.0/23. I suggest keeping the broadcast domain small because a lot of CPU cycles are wasted responding to broadcast packets sent by other devices in the same subnet. Ideally, you should break segments at /24 or 254 hosts.
5) Yes, this feature is not hardware dependent. It's part of the IOS.
This document gives several answers on frequently asked questions for PFRv3 channel state behavior.
Q1: What are all the channel operational states from a BR (border role) perspective and what are the rules/conditions to be in each st...
The need was to reach an host inside a LAN through a VPN connection managed by the LAN gateway (Cisco 1921).
The LAN gateway performs NAT and there was a dedicate nat rule for the host i wanted to reach through VPN.
I couldn't connect to the hos...
We have 3 identical switches configured by someone else and would like to claim some of the Gigabit ports(G1/G2/G3/G4) for use on servers. When we try to change the wiring and configuration, we run in to connectivity issues. Attached is a des...