cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyperterm console not showing anything.....

gauravshar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

One of my switches faced a power outage. When the power resumed, the 2950 switch did not work well (connected users were showing IP address of APIPA range). The switch LEDs were found orange, the sys LED was also of same color. When I tried to console into teh switch it did not give me anything on the console screen, the same console settings worked like charm for a different switch. As per the config of teh switch there are no changes in the console settings of teh switch, they are on default.

Kindly let me know what should have caused 'no answer' on hyperterminal console.....

Thanks and regards,

--Gaurav

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Faulty switch or incorrect config register setting...

Thanks for considering my peoblem and replying.... incorrect conf register value should not affect the console connectvity... isn't it? To me also it looks like the switch is not powering UP correctly, can it be a power supply problem...

Thanks and regards,

--Gaurav

config register can certainly affect console connectivity , that sets the console port speed and settings along with how it boots.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please raise a Cisco TAC Case. I believe the power spike has damaged the mother board of your switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card