cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have a routing /firewall issue.

simon.hinsley
Level 1
Level 1

I allegedly have a block of 16 ip's on my managed router but when I try and use these IP's on my ASA firewall I am not getting any traffic showing on the firewall. The ISP have said there is an ARP issue. They have not been clear on where it is.

Internet 194.**.***.65 235 0015.**.*** ARPA GigabitEthernet0/0.100
Internet 194.**.***.66 - 4403.**.***.f060 ARPA GigabitEthernet0/0.100
Internet 195.**.***.97 - 440**.***.f061 ARPA GigabitEthernet0/1
Internet 195.**.***.98 150 e02**.***33 ARPA GigabitEthernet0/1
Internet 195.**.***.100 0 Incomplete ARPA
Internet 195.**.***.106 0 Incomplete ARPA
Internet 195.11.165.108 0 Incomplete ARPA

I am trying to route through traffic on the .100 address. Does this mean their router is incorrectly configured or my firewall ? Thanks

3 Replies 3

I don't think it means either is mis configured.  I had arp issues with an Asa rebooting the Asa fixed them for me.  Are you able to reboot it?  I am in a car so I can't check it but can you clear the arp cache?  Does that help?

We really do not have enough information to understand what is the problem or to suggest how to fix it. The original post indicates that there is a block of 16 addresses. The output posted shows addresses but they do not fit into a block of 16. There are 4 addresses which do seem to have associated MAC addresses and there are 3 addresses that do not seem to have associated MAC addresses. The addresses that do have associated MAC addresses appear to be addresses on two interfaces of the ASA and the two devices connected on those interfaces. The addresses that do not have MAC addresses appear to be associated with interface Gig0/1. But we have no information on how the ASA is configured or how these addresses are being used. Until we get more information there is not much that we can say about this issue.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the response.

The Managed router has 195.**.***.97 on it

The external Adapted on the ASA Server has 195.**.***.98 with a mask of 255.255.255.240

Do the other address's need to have a separate configuration IE .99 , .100, 101.

It was working and nothing has changed but the firewall does not seem to see traffic on the .100 etc.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card