cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need a help on cisco 1841 for support on port channel and switchport with 12.4(24)T

slopes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tech,

I need an urgent help on this to check whether it is possible for switchport access and port channel on Cisco 1841 with 4 port switch moduel running IOS 12.4(24)T.

Your guys feedack is appreciate it ,we are doing a portchannel between fa0/1(onboard) and fa0/1/0 as a redudancy.Please let me know what IOS version is supported for this requirement.

Thanks Sanjeev

sanjivlsg@yahoo.com

8 Replies 8

vvasisth
Level 1
Level 1

it is supported from 12.4(20)T

Here is the corresponding white paper for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/prod_white_paper0900aecd806f698a.pdf

HTH

varun

Hi Varun,

Did you guys tried out before,on the integrated port fa0/1 we can specify as switchport access vlanx.

our aim to configured one integrated fa0/1 and other 4 port switch mod port fa0/1/0 as channel-group1

we tried using 12.4(24)T or 12.4(25)a also i doesnt allow to turn L3 port to be L2

Please let me know how you did it and if it works bcos we are having prob and our project is starting tom.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Don't believe you can use an integrated port as one of your ports . Both would have to be on the hwic.  Think of the hwic as a separate standalone switch.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sanjeev,

as Glen has noted you cannot mix "router" ports with switch ports in the HWIC.

This will never be possible they are designed for different use.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear,

I have router 1841 and I want to do etherchannel on two ports, The command for port channel is not acceptable in the router. Is the IOS needs to be upgraded, I have IOS

c1841-ipbasek9-mz.124-24.T5

Is it supported?

Regards

MHS

Hi,

Is it supported?

No the only ports supporting etherchannel on routers are switching ports.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

If it supported on the switching port then Why the port-channel command in the globale configuration is not accepted?

R1(config)#po?
policy-manager  policy-map

port-channel is not their.

Is it beacuse of the IOS?or this 1841 router is not supporting the port-channel at all?

Regards

MAhmood

port-channel is not their.

Normal this is not a valid command.

You must go to interface config and issue channel-group command and this will create a port-channel interface and the command sh int port-channel x will show you its properties but again this must be done on a L2 interface not a native routed port.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card