Views
Helpful
Replies

I need a router with at least 4 routed ports

s.debenito
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need a router with at least 4 routed (layer 3) fastethernet ports available on it.

I have been cheking the 2800 series routers, and I can't find a router with 4 or more fastethernet routed ports.

Can anyone tell me what router model has at least 4 fastethernet routed ports??

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can make use of Cisco 1841 router with HWIC-4ESW card which has 4 switch ports.

If it doesn't solve your purpose do revert back more on your requirement.

regds

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Is there some module option for 2800 series router that provides 4 or more fastethernet routed ports??

ersofgeorgia
Level 1
Level 1

I have been looking at the same area lately. Allot depends on what you are willing to spend. I have looked and most like the 2600 series only come with two on board. You can then buy a NM-2FE2W and increase the count to 4 interfaces. If you need more processor power look at the 3600 series. It has no on board until the 3660 but you can get a 3620 with two NM's that I mentioned before. That would be very inexpensive especially if you purchased used/referbished. Or you can go with the higher end products like the 7000 series and get an additional blade. Some of these routers (2600/3600)are end of life so you may need to buy used.

-Joe

ersofgeorgia
Level 1
Level 1

Like I said I am looking for the same thing. I talked to Cisco and the 2811 with a NM-16ESW is probably what you are looking for. Retail on the router is $2400 and the NM should be around $1700 list. You can get them for less through Optimous Solutions or CDW so shop around and you will get a better price. I confirmed that you can IP each port just as you can the built in ports.

-Joe

ujjwal_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

S. Debenito i can't trace any person to help me, at the mean time i see ur message i also send this message with a lots of hope; please inform me the actual price list of CISCO 1700 and 1800 series routers for Training Purpose only.

If u willing to send then please send the details in this mail ID:--

ujjwal.net@sify.com

With Best

Regards and Warm wishes for New Year

Ujjwal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card