cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to see what VLAN-ids are present on a trunk interface. What debugs would help me achieve this?

jny
Level 1
Level 1

Currently, i have an Cisco IE3000 switch, with an interface defined as a trunk. The other end is unknown to me, but I know it transmits tagged frames. I just don't know which VLAN-ids are in use - so I was thinking on doing some debugs to learn the VLAN-ids.  Remote end does not transmit BPDUs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajeev Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

Best option would be if you can configure SPAN and capture the traffic also make sure to use encapsulation replicate keyword while configuring in order to preserve vlan tags.

HTH.

Regards,
RS.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rajeev Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

Best option would be if you can configure SPAN and capture the traffic also make sure to use encapsulation replicate keyword while configuring in order to preserve vlan tags.

HTH.

Regards,
RS.

Wireshark locally on the switch is not possible.   The switch is inaccessible.  I don't believe that RSPAN supports encapsulation replication. At least not on the IE3000

rais
Level 7
Level 7

You may be able to do 'show mac-address-table' and see what VLANs appear under the VLAN column for the port in question.

HTH.

That would require me to define all VLANs, which may be to much for the IE3000. It supports only 1005.

A debug telling me that a packet have been dropped because the VLAN is not defined - would be the way...

4 times to see all 4000 vlans

Hello

show interface trunk

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: