cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I reset my Cisco 2911 ISR to factory defaults now I can't access....

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody - I reset my Cisco 2911 ISR to the factory defaults.  I then used the configuration guide to do the initial set-up through the CLI.  I was able to assign IPs to the GE0/0 and GE0/1 ports.  Now I cannot access the GUI device manager at all.  I was able to ping the IP of GE0/0 so I know the adapter took the IP assignment, but still no GUI access.  Can anyone help me with this issue?  I have spent hours trying to restore it, with no luck.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Jeff Emerick

Elliptic Systems Corp.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
7 Replies 7

ebarticel
Level 4
Level 4

Did you enable http server on the router? You may need to create a username and password on the router.

Hope this helps

Eugen

Hi Eugen - Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Reza - Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

I followed the link you provided, and I see that the page it goes to is in the Unified Communication section of the Cisco website.  Does this apply to a router that isn't doing anything other than basic Layer 3 routing? 

I will implement this ASAP.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Jeff

Yes. The page may have come from Unified Communications but the function that it is talking about is used by very many different processing environments and is not limited to Unified Communications.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks to everyone who helped answer these questions.  I will post back what happens after I implement them.  Thanks again.

It worked!!!!  Thanks to everyone for their help in solving this matter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card