Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IDSM-2 slot assignment for 6509-E

Hello,

I'm working in a design of an IDS/IPS Solution and I want to propose an IDSM-2 module for the Catalyst 6509-E Switch located at the Core... The issue is that the only available slot is #6 which is not going to be used by any redundant supervisor... Can you please tell me if I can place the new module there eventough this slot is reserved by default for a redundant Supervisor??

Any help will be deeply appreciated

Thanx

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: IDSM-2 slot assignment for 6509-E

dsalcedo27 wrote:

Hello,

I'm working in a design of an IDS/IPS Solution and I want to propose an IDSM-2 module for the Catalyst 6509-E Switch located at the Core... The issue is that the only available slot is #6 which is not going to be used by any redundant supervisor... Can you please tell me if I can place the new module there eventough this slot is reserved by default for a redundant Supervisor??

Thanx

You can use slot 6 for any card if you are not using it for a redundant sup.

Jon

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

dsalcedo27 wrote:

Hello,

Thanx

You can use slot 6 for any card if you are not using it for a redundant sup.

Jon

Hello Jon,

Thanx for your super quick response... Do you have any available documentation to demonstrate this?? Because I have to do a presentation of my proposal by thursday and I want to be prepared

BR

Hall of Fame Super Blue

dsalcedo27 wrote:

Hello Jon,

Thanx for your super quick response... Do you have any available documentation to demonstrate this?? Because I have to do a presentation of my proposal by thursday and I want to be prepared

BR

BR

Not really but i'll have a search. Just know it works from previous experience.

Jon

Silver

As Jon says, you can install an IDSM-2 module in slot 6 of a 6509-E chassis. Slot requirements are typically documented in the hardware installation guides.

"You can install IDSM-2 in any slot that is not used by the supervisor engine."

ref http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/5.1/installation/guide/hwIDSM2.html#wp712889

Hope this helps,

/Phil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content