Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IEM-3000-8FM: trying to connect AIR-PWRINJ-FIB or third party devices

Hi,

I am trying to connect a Fibre Power Injector to a fibre extension module of the IE-3000 switch. No success so far, no connection is established nor does any LED light up. The same problems occur when I try to connect a 100FX Allied Telesyn Media Converter. The only device that I can connect successfully is a Cisco 2960G over a 100FX SFP (so the port seems to be ok on the IEM-3000-8FM side.

Of course it may be that the AIR-PWRINJ-FIB is broken but I tried two of them, the cable looks ok with a cable tester (only optical tests that would show broken cables). It also may be that the Allied Telesyn is not working correctly. But it somehow seems strange to me that none of the devices shows any sign of connectivity.

Has somebody attached other devices than Cisco switches to the IEM-3000-8FM successfully? Is there any special configuration needed for this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Mat

1 REPLY

Re: IEM-3000-8FM: trying to connect AIR-PWRINJ-FIB or third part

Found the solution for the AIR-PWRINJ-FIB. I ran into this issue: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/power/release/notes/pwrinjrn.html#wp39728. With a cable without pins on the MTRJ plug everything went fine.

The AT media converter still causes me problems but it may be that the device itself is the culprit.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content