Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IGESM Blade Switch "Shutdown not allowed" on Interface

Hi,

I have a customer with a blade center with 2 IGESM blade switches installed. Switch A works fine, however Switch B is giving me a bit of a headache. It's configured identically to Switch A with the exception of IPs/Host name, however when I go into the interface config for the external ports to trunk them to a 3750, I am unable to "no shut" the interface. I get:

Blade_SwitchB(config)#int range g0/17-20

Blade_SwitchB(config-if-range)#no shut

% Shutdown not allowed on this interface

Per port config still gives me the same error, so it's not an issue with the range command. The Blade itself has a single management interface installled, but it doesn't have a second one. The management interface is used for managing the chassis itself, I thought perhaps to have the 2nd blade switch working it required a 2nd Management interface, however IBM has said otherwise. Has anyone run into this before? Thanks in advance.

-Russ

1 REPLY

Re: IGESM Blade Switch "Shutdown not allowed" on Interface

Solved, these ports must be enabled via the management center GUI before they can be no shut via the command line. Current scenario only has a single management module installed, therefore no way to bring those interfaces up without installing a 2nd one.

Views
Helpful
Replies