Impossible to access CLI through USB console cable..
I am facing a problem that is driving me mad right now.. I have 2 switches 2960S and one 2921 router, and it is currently impossible for me to access the CLI at all.
I am using a USB console cable that came with the switches/router, and I downloaded the USB driver from Cisco's website.
I am on Windows 7 64bits so I installed the Vista 64 bits version of the driver.
I am using putty to connect to the equipements, and all i got is an error saying impossible de open connection (check COM ports). I already checked the COM ports that shows in the device manager to connect to the right port, I get only errors not even a black screen or something.
I tried all of the following :
- Uninstalled/installed the USB driver 3.1 many times (even tried the previous version 3.0)
- Tried to connect again and again to the COM ports displayed in the device manager (COM19 or COM20 in general after all my installations)
- Tried manually to change the COM ports from 1 to 10+)
- Tried to change speed from 100 to 19200 and 115200, and used the default parameters (no flow, no parity, 8 bits, 9600 bauds and 1 stop bit)
- I tried to reset the switch holding the "MODE" button for 7 seconds.
- I changed the console cable for another one
- I tried Putty, Hyperterminal, Peraterm
All the above I tried on the 2 switches and the router, same result = connection error.
The devices are all new so it is the first configuration...
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...