Views
Helpful
Replies

Input & CRC Error when data transmit from Interface in Cisco 3750 12-S

dc-csa-blr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

We are using Cisco 3750-12-S Swtich in this switch only one Giga inteface 1/0/6 increase Input & CRC Error when data transmit.

We are facing the issue Input & CRC Error increasing when data transmit from interface gi1/0/6 Onl and other ports are working fine.

We alrady change SFP Module and also New Cable ( same cable and SFP Module when use other port it's working fine but in this perticulary port generate Input and CRC error when data transmit. WHEN NO ANY DATA TRANMIT ON THIS PORT THAT TIME NO ANY ERRORS)

GigabitEthernet1/0/6 is up, line protocol is up (connected)

Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is 0012.00cf.fb86 (bia 0012.00cf.fb86)

Description: *** Connect to ATX ***

MTU 9000 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,

reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255

Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set

Keepalive not set

Full-duplex, 100Mb/s, link type is auto, media type is 10/100/1000BaseTX SFP

Media-type configured as  connector

input flow-control is off, output flow-control is unsupported

ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00

Last input 01:51:07, output 00:49:09, output hang never

Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:15:07

Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0

Queueing strategy: fifo

Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)

5 minute input rate 9000 bits/sec, 5 packets/sec

5 minute output rate 407000 bits/sec, 29 packets/sec

177722 packets input, 52353871 bytes, 0 no buffer

Received 219 broadcasts (0 multicast)

0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles

482 input errors, 276 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored

0 watchdog, 149 multicast, 0 pause input

0 input packets with dribble condition detected

275929 packets output, 300453718 bytes, 0 underruns

0 output errors, 0 collisions, 1 interface resets

0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred

0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier, 0 PAUSE output

0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out

So what is the issue and how to resolve it.

Thanks in ADV,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

so what happens if you swap port g1/0/6 with another one?

the answer lies on this point as I wrote above

View solution in original post

When we are getting the CRC/Input error due to hardware issues. We donnot have any other option to rectify that. As you have already tested with different cables & sfp's. I have a question here.

Is that the devices are directly connected or connected through the OFC/UTP backbone???.

try with different brand sfp's if you have it. Also check with the Interface port settings on both the ends.

If this also doesn't works out then you may need to raise a case with cisco.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the easiest way to address this problem is swapping Gi1/0/6 (the sfp. the cable and its configuration of course) with another port which is not showing the issue (it must be a port which is currently transmitting/receiving traffic w/o problems).

If the issue moves to that new port, considering that you replaced cable and sfp already, the problem resides on the other device/end. You should start troubleshooting that device then (sfp,port, module etc).

If on the contrary the issue stays on Gi1/0/6 you have a port ASIC issue on this switch and you need to rma it.

regards,

Riccardo

Dear Riccardo,

Thanks for your early reply...

We already test with other device to connect with this port (gi1/0/6) still same issue.

Any alternate way to resolve this issue ??

Thanks in ADV,

so what happens if you swap port g1/0/6 with another one?

the answer lies on this point as I wrote above

When we are getting the CRC/Input error due to hardware issues. We donnot have any other option to rectify that. As you have already tested with different cables & sfp's. I have a question here.

Is that the devices are directly connected or connected through the OFC/UTP backbone???.

try with different brand sfp's if you have it. Also check with the Interface port settings on both the ends.

If this also doesn't works out then you may need to raise a case with cisco.

Dear Karthik & Recardo ,

Thanks to both of you...

This port Connect with 10/100/1000 Based  SFP Gig Ethernet to Media Converter via Fiber to other switch and also try to dicetely connect with my Laptop also but same issue.

I think i need to raise the case with Cisco or RMA.

Thanks once again!!!

nayef salem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

Actually I'm  having this issue for the whole past 2 weeks

I'm talking about 36 2960s switches in two buildings

Like 24 connected to 3750s 24 sfp ports n 12 swx connected to another 3750s 24 ports

Sfp was GLC-LH-SM And in door fiber between MDF n IDF was multimode n my patch cord was SM

most of them worked fine , but some other I had to change n change in SFPs and cables til most of them worked and no more CRC errors but some 2 kept persisting

So I started surfing Internet I read something about mismatch speed n duplex

I CAN SEE THE SPEED IN THE OUPTPUT YOU POSTED IS 100 , as far as I know it's not connected to computer(fiberbso no way) so I think u need to configure tht AS IT WAS MY ISSUE and I fixed it and now working just fine , just make sure they match at both ends

But here is the catch , if u go under the interface g1/0/6 and try to configure the speed it won't give u options , so to hardcore configuring that you need to create port-channel interface including that interface and then u will get all options under the portchannel interface like 10 100 1000 auto n nonegotiate

And later on I found some other interfaces. With error input so I brought the fluke test for fiber and lc to sc cable and test the indoor mm fiber and I found out that it wasn't clean n I raised a complain to the company who made the work

And voila,,, birds singing again

This is my experience and I just wanted to share as it's my second post I guess in cisco community

Hope it help

I am also facing same issue is there any possibility after upgrading IOS I am facing such issue. Because currently I have upgrade latest IOS to my 3750 Switch. Particular two ports which were connected with 2960 with MM sfp as a 1000Mbps backbone. In my network two 3750 configuerd as HSRP mode each backbone conneted with this 2960 switch.

Please help....

Thanks,

Aloke

Can you please post the output to the following commands:

1.  sh version;

2.  sh interface ; and

3.  sh controll e

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card