cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install and run SDM on External Flash?

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

I have a CCME router who's files take up pretty much the entire internal flash. I would like to install SDM and run it from the external USB flash, but I have no idea what files need to be on there. Also, once they are on there, how does the router recognize running the SDM from the USB flash?

Thanks,

Ed

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

This window tells you if SDM has detected a USB token or USB flash device connected to your router. You can click the Router Provisioning button to choose a configuration file from the USB token or USB flash device.

If you choose to provision your router this way, the configuration file from the USB token or USB flash device is merged with your router's running configuration file to create a new running configuration file.

This window allows you to load a configuration file from a USB token or USB flash device connected to your router. The file will be merged with your router's running configuration file to create a new running configuration file.

To load a configuration file, follow these steps:

Step 1 Choose the device type from the drop-down menu.

Step 2 Enter the configuration file name in Filename, including the full path, or click

Browse and choose the file from the File Selection window.

Step 3 If the device type is a USB token, enter the password to log in to the token in

Token PIN.

Step 4 If you want to preview the file, click Preview File to display the contents of the

file in the details pane

Step 5 Click OK to load the chosen file

For further information clickthis link.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/sdm/22ug/sdmh22.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card