Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter-VRF Routing / MP-BGP on 3750G

DuncanM2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've got a requirement to do Inter-VRF routing (need MP-BGP) using a private AS Number on a stack of 7 x 3750G's, my question ultimately is the performance overhead of doing such a change.

The stack will have no more than 300-400 routes even with the duplicates invoked from doing VRF leaking so I can't see much of an issue myself, we already have 2 VRF's and OSPF running in each VRF just don't have MP-BGP to do the VRF leaking.

Ultimately there will be about 4-5 VRF's (I know there's a Software limit of 26 VRF's on a 3750G).

Anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

With 4-5 vrfs and address family statements, you should be just fine.

I have a done it with 3, and no impact on the switch.

Good Luck

HTH

Excellent, that's a massive help I was a little worried about performance impact.

Since we updated to 12.2(55) we now get 100% CPU spikes when showing running config or writing to flash.

Seems a little out of the ordinary, but according to Cisco docs can be expected.

Thanks,

You should not get that high of CPU spike. That in not normal . I would open a ticket with TAC and if no results load a different IOS version.

HTH

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card