Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface Question

We recently had a contractor deploy a 4500 catalyst switch with a WS-x45-SUP7-E. After installation and configurations, HP openview is detecting a "downed" interface on the 4500 chassis that is not in the configuration. I have attached an image with the interface circled. We assumed that it may be a configuration issue with openview, however after running diagnostics with a network analyzer, the same ip address for the down interface is still detected. Is this some sort of internal virtual interface on the SUP7?  Has anyone encountered an issue like this before?

Thanks in advance for any response.

image001.jpg

4 Replies 4

jimmysands73_2
Level 5
Level 5

In your show run where is the address 192.168.5.1?  Might be a loopback or svi.

When you say its not in the config, have you gone into the device via the cli and looked for it?

There is no interface, physical or SVI, that is assigned that ip. Nothing on the switch is assigned an ip from that range. Yes, I have pulled the config and parsed it with egrep for that ip. I also did a sh log and discovered entries that state

"Configured from console by xxxxx on vty0 (192.168.xxx.xxx)". This switch is not configured with a loopback int for peer - peer connections via telnet.

Well...thats all I know to check!  If you get the solution, please kindly post....thx

Will do. Thanks for the response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: