Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet slow on 877w compared to ISP's netgear router

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 877w wireless router, I have been using it for months, but the internet just seems slow and sluggish. I decided to put my ISP's wireless router back on, it's just a basic netgear route and all of a sudden my internet speed is fast again.

The CPU and memory are very low on the 877w, where do I start on fixing this, it seems quicker if I'm cabled in via the ethernet hub, but the netgear wins overall.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked your speed/duplexing settings? It could be a mismatch that can cause the slow performance. Seen that too many times.

Also with the 877 you should be able to enable flow-top-talkers and see if there are any known top-talkers causing the potential slowness. You can also enable IP Accounting to a an idea very quickly.

Hi,

Where do I check the speed/duplus setting, what interface do I need to check as this is a DSL router and I only use it wirelessly.

The top talker is only me, what does enable IP accounting do?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card