Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

intervlan connection problem.

Good Day Everyone,

I'm a currently creating an intervlan topology.

As of now I'm established tha VLAN and IP, applied trunking and vtp as well as used STP.

However when I run it, only PC 1 (vlan 1 ip 192.168.1.100) managed to ping my 2 routers and it cannot ping the other computers, likewise the rest (PC 2 ~ 4) cannot ping PC 1 or the 2 routers.

Can someone please check what did I do wrong?

I'm kinda new to this and I already spend hours to make this system, I really don't want to start from scratch again =(

Any information to help me managed to ping all the pcs and routers is very much appreciated.

Please and Thank You =)

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Francis,

I have seen your packet-tracer file. The reason why you cannot connect PC1 (VLAN 1 ) to the rest of the other vlans is because you are lacking configuration on your Fa0/1 in Multilayer SW2.

configure terminal

interface Fa0/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

end

Once you do this, wait for stp to converge and for arp to work for a while, and you can now ping between VLAN 1 and 2.

For the other VLANs, 3 and 4, you need to configure also Multilayer switch 3 like this on interface Fa0/1.

Please don't forget to rate my reply.

Thanks,

Sonny

CCIE (R&S) #27666 CCSI HP MASE
2 REPLIES

Hi Francis,

I have seen your packet-tracer file. The reason why you cannot connect PC1 (VLAN 1 ) to the rest of the other vlans is because you are lacking configuration on your Fa0/1 in Multilayer SW2.

configure terminal

interface Fa0/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

end

Once you do this, wait for stp to converge and for arp to work for a while, and you can now ping between VLAN 1 and 2.

For the other VLANs, 3 and 4, you need to configure also Multilayer switch 3 like this on interface Fa0/1.

Please don't forget to rate my reply.

Thanks,

Sonny

CCIE (R&S) #27666 CCSI HP MASE

Thanks alot it worked ^_^

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content