Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

INTERVLAN Ping Issue

Hello Guys,

I have 2 VLANS setup on a layer 3 switch. I have dhcp scopes handing out ip addresses for both VLANS by the same layer 3 switch. I can ping anything in VLAN 3 from VLAN 2 as long as it recieved a ip address from DHCP with no problem. My problem is I have 2 servers plugged into the

same switch using VLAN 3 static ip addresses. I can not ping them at all from VLAN 2 but I can ping them from any device inside of VLAN 3. Why is this and how do I correct it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: INTERVLAN Ping Issue

Hi,

Check if you have default gateway configured on the servers?.

Regards,

Nagendra

Purple

I agree sounds like the default gateways  were not defined on the static servers  or  you are trying to ping a device that has a software firewall  running and blocking your ping request.

5 REPLIES

Please post your configuration ,it is not clear what exactly is happening .

Regards

Ganesh.H

Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check if you have default gateway configured on the servers?.

Regards,

Nagendra

Thanks I can't believe I missed that. My other server had the default gateway set. I must have been more tired than I thought.

Purple

I agree sounds like the default gateways  were not defined on the static servers  or  you are trying to ping a device that has a software firewall  running and blocking your ping request.

Thanks I can't believe I missed that. My other server had the default gateway set. I must have been more tired than I thought.

Views
Helpful
Replies