cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

InterVlan routing on a cisco 2811

edjbartos
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get intervlan routing on a cisco 2811 fitted with a HWIC 4ESW card. I am using a test network to try this out, I have two laptops one fitted to vlan 2 and the other to vlan 3. These laptops are directly connected to the switch ports for testing. Now the laptop on vlan 2 can ping right accross to the other laptop on vlan 3, with no problems. The laptop on vlan 3 can only ping to the switch interface of vlan 2 it cannot ping to the laptop. Now i have tried switching the laptops round into the other vlans and still the laptop that could ping all interfaces before can still do so, and the laptop that couldn,t still cannot. I have substituted the laptop with another one, and still get the same result. really wierd. Can anybody help please.

thanks

ed

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI ED,

Check for any firewall installed on the laptops. Especially if its an XP laptop it has default firewall as ON so have a look at that and see if that resolves the issue.

Ankur

View solution in original post

check if any firewall is installed on that laptop. if laptop have win XP installed, then might be in-built firewall in it is ON. try to turn it off and then check...

hope it helps... pl rate or let us know if you have any questions

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI ED,

Check for any firewall installed on the laptops. Especially if its an XP laptop it has default firewall as ON so have a look at that and see if that resolves the issue.

Ankur

check if any firewall is installed on that laptop. if laptop have win XP installed, then might be in-built firewall in it is ON. try to turn it off and then check...

hope it helps... pl rate or let us know if you have any questions

Both machines have xp pro installed. I have turned off the firewall on the offending laptop and still get the same results. Interestingly the laptop that can ping everywhere has the windows firewall turned on

My MISTAKE

Ignore my last reply. I had only turned the firewall off on one machine and not the other. As soon as i had turned off the firewall on both machines i could ping ok

Thanks to both of you for your kind help

Hello,

I have the same router and card but a slightly different problem. I am getting dhcp from through card from router. I am NOT getting default gateway passed through. I cannot ping anything except 10.10.10.1 from 10.10.10.2 (direct connected laptop) I did all my homework and searched for what seems forever.

Can someone post brief instructions to walk me through troubleshooting? Here is what I am trying to accomplish.

1) user card as switch. Want to be able to setup monitoring pc as well as port for vpn outside port.

Here is a brief layout of the network.

- Premise router is Cisco 2811 & switch card. Router is set with 2 dhcp pools. Vlan 2 is associated with port1 on card & pool2. Router lan is setup as 192.168.1.1. Pix 501 is plugged into 0/1 and is addressed as 192.168.1.2. I can pint the router from the Pix and everyting is working ok. LAN DHCP server is behind pic as 192.168.150.101.

- I want the router to issue dhcp & dns to switch(Ports1-4)Cannot get to internet.

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for any feedback.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card