Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS EOL Confirmation

Hi all.

We are currently doing IOS inventory for our devices. From the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/ios-nx-os-software/ios-software-releases-12-1-special-early-deployments/index.html

it is stated that 12.1(14)EA1 has reached EOL. If I'm not mistaken 12.1(14)EA1is considered as a different release and it is not included in the list. Does this mean that 12.1(14)EA1has not yet reached EOL? Or does it automatically mean that all releases that includes 12.1(14)EA1 (i.e., 12.1(14)EA1a , 12.1(14)EA1b) have reached EOL as well?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The IOS versions you've stated all belong to appliance which has long been deemed as "end of support".  

This means that the softwares that accompany the appliances are also end-of-support.  

View solution in original post

Your understanding is correct.  

Another thing ... Cisco doesn't normally announce an EoL/EoS on a specific train, like 12.2(33)SRE7a.  Instead, Cisco announces the EoL/EoS for the entire release, like 12.2(33)SRE.  Notice no number at the end?   

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The IOS versions you've stated all belong to appliance which has long been deemed as "end of support".  

This means that the softwares that accompany the appliances are also end-of-support.  

Hi Leo.

Thanks for the confirmation. Just to clarify, let's say 12.2SRE7 reaches end of life. Does this mean that other "sub-releases" of it if you will such as 12.2SRE7a are EOL as well?

Your understanding is correct.  

Another thing ... Cisco doesn't normally announce an EoL/EoS on a specific train, like 12.2(33)SRE7a.  Instead, Cisco announces the EoL/EoS for the entire release, like 12.2(33)SRE.  Notice no number at the end?   

Yup. Noticed that as well. Thanks. I'm actually having a hard time confirming which is EOL and which is not. For example, in the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/ios-nx-os-software/eos-eol-listing.html

I'm assuming that any train that isn't stated there has not yet reached EOL. But for example, the link below states that 12.4 mainline releases are EOL already.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/ios-nx-os-software/ios-software-releases-12-4-mainline/end_of_life_notice_c51-574251.html

I tried looking at EOL information regarding images in the feature navigator but it seems that the information there is not reliable yet, as of now. Do you have any suggestions where I should look for a complete list of EOL software?

Sorry.  I can't help you there.  

Basically, Cisco's encouraging everyone to migrate to 15.X.  If you're still running 11.X or 12.X then ...

Okay then. Thanks again.

Hi Carlos,

i have the same issue. Would you please tell me, if you did found an explanation for it?

Thank you anyway,

Greetings,

Lina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card