Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS for Catalyst 3750G

dacruzer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking about upgrading the IOS on all my Catalyst 3750G switches.

I am currently running version "ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE2".  I am thinking of upgrading to the latest version which is "ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE6.bin"

Is anyone using the latest version and do you have any issues with it?

I appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks

Al

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There has been lots of post regarding what IOS is the most stable one for the 3750 series.  So far 122.58-SE2 has been recommended the most since IOS 15 still has a few bugs.

HTH

View solution in original post

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is always a risk when running the latest and greatest code. I would recommend you reading the release notes and see the known issues/bugs. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There has been lots of post regarding what IOS is the most stable one for the 3750 series.  So far 122.58-SE2 has been recommended the most since IOS 15 still has a few bugs.

HTH

Thanks for your reply!

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is always a risk when running the latest and greatest code. I would recommend you reading the release notes and see the known issues/bugs. 

Thanks for your reply!

No problem. Let us know if you have any other questions and if not please mark the thread as "answered/closed" :)

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't touch 15.X even if my life depends on it.  

The most stable IOS for 3750-series family of switches is 12.2(55)SE9.  

Got it!!!  :-)

Thanks much!

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Our standard is 12.2(55)SE7, as it's very solid, but believe SE8 and SE9 are too.

NB: My part of our business has 943 logical devices of the various series of 3750s.  This doesn't count additional 3750s contained within stacks, doesn't include another 650 or so logical devices in other parts of our business, nor does it include the 777 of the various 3560 series across the business.  I.e. we have some operational experience with them. wink

amir rostami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear (every one),

I have tried very different IOS in Catalyst 3750G-24TS-S1U to support "VTPv3, MST and OSPF routing protocol as well as EIGRP portocols" at one image,

many IOS only support VTPv3 and EIGRP Only.

The "c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE5" is the best image for this type.

I am very pleased on it.

try it

THX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card