cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Image Software - 2970 Switch

heeb
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 2970 switch (WS-C2970G-24TS-E), using an old IOS image file, c2970-i6l2-mz.121.14-EA1a. I like to know which image should I move up to, ipbase or lanbase file? I couldn't find a table which tell me where to migrate file to. I tried to use software advisor or IOS upgrade planner, but not much help. I know the switch we have is on end of life list and didn't bother to check for new release. Appreciate your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I am just wondering how did you find the IPBase image as the IP base image is for L3 switches and yours is L2 switch. You should go for the LAN Based image. I have checked cisco and the 2970 IOS is all LAN based.

Hope this helps,

Appreciate your rating,

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I am just wondering how did you find the IPBase image as the IP base image is for L3 switches and yours is L2 switch. You should go for the LAN Based image. I have checked cisco and the 2970 IOS is all LAN based.

Hope this helps,

Appreciate your rating,

Regards,

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your switch is layer 2 only and the only options are if you get lan base or lan base with with crypto which supports ssh , no layer 3 . Latest version is 12.2.37 SE .

Thank you all. I will try to read the document in more detail. I know that if you use crypto type of file, it usually has k9 in the file name in the past. Not anymore. Thank again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card