Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IOS Issue

Hi all,

I have 15 no. of 2960 switches connected to Cisco 4506-E chassis.

The Issue is that, I want to upgrade the IOS of all 2960 switches, so is it possible that, upgrade the IOS on all switches simultaneously OR any another method?

- Vaibhav

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: IOS Issue

Hello Vaibhav,

Personally, I do not know of any generally available method of IOS mass deployment. You will probably have to upgrade IOS on each device individually.

Then again, if the IOS is placed on a FTP/TFTP server reachable from each of your 15 Catalyst 2960 switches then the commands to download this IOS should be identical on each switch. Using simple copy/paste, you could erase the old IOS and download the new one without needing to write numerous commands.

I have a similar number of 2960 switches in one of our networking labs. Upgrading the IOS on all of them takes me, using this method, less than 30 minutes in total (and I am pretty paranoid and lose additional time by performing MD5 validation on the downloaded IOS image and making some additional vertifications etc.)

Best regards,

Peter

Views
Helpful
Replies