Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

IOS "show policy-map interface" command

In IOS release 12.4(20)T and later the "show policy-map interface X" command no longer displays packets delayed and bytes delayed. Is there a new method to view the traffic shaping statistics?

I found this information at this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/command/reference/qos_s4.html#wp1084023

12.4(20)T

This command was modified. Support was added for hierarchical queueing framework (HQF) using the Modular Quality of Service (QoS) Command-Line Interface (CLI) (MQC) and the packets delayed and the bytes delayed counters were removed for traffic shaping classes.

Everyone's tags (5)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: IOS "show policy-map interface" command

Hello Romey,

I tried to look at command reference and HQF introduction but I couldn't find a new show for seeing shaping statistics.

however, if we look at examples reported in HQF introduction

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/qos_frhqf_support.html#wp1089229

Service-policy output: shape

Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      2203 packets, 404709 bytes
      30 second offered rate 74000 bps, drop rate 14000 bps
      Match: any
      Queueing
      queue limit 64 packets
      (queue depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 64/354/0 
      (pkts output/bytes output) 1836/337280 
      shape (average) cir 128000, bc 1000, be 1000
      target shape rate 128000
        lower bound cir 0,  adapt to fecn 0

you can see that shaping information is still reported but in a different form, so sh policy-map int should still be the show to be used.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Cisco Employee

Hi,

With HQF, the QoS architecture changed - including that of shaping. Shaping is no longer based on the traditional token bucket algorithm and that's the reason why HQF codes do not have the packets delayed / bytes delayed statistics in the MQC output.

- Abhi

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hello Romey,

I tried to look at command reference and HQF introduction but I couldn't find a new show for seeing shaping statistics.

however, if we look at examples reported in HQF introduction

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/qos_frhqf_support.html#wp1089229

Service-policy output: shape

Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      2203 packets, 404709 bytes
      30 second offered rate 74000 bps, drop rate 14000 bps
      Match: any
      Queueing
      queue limit 64 packets
      (queue depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 64/354/0 
      (pkts output/bytes output) 1836/337280 
      shape (average) cir 128000, bc 1000, be 1000
      target shape rate 128000
        lower bound cir 0,  adapt to fecn 0

you can see that shaping information is still reported but in a different form, so sh policy-map int should still be the show to be used.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Cisco Employee

Hi,

With HQF, the QoS architecture changed - including that of shaping. Shaping is no longer based on the traditional token bucket algorithm and that's the reason why HQF codes do not have the packets delayed / bytes delayed statistics in the MQC output.

- Abhi

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content