Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS related BUGS.

kumar0123
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help me on these,

I am having the 6506 switch with the IOS s72033-ipservices_wan-vz.122-18.SXF5.bin,I want to know the bug detail for these and want to know which one Is better the existing one or the latest one and can anyone give the bug detail for the both IOS.

The present IOS gives an error message on boot up i.e.

bootflash: bf_io_devctl: DEVCTL error 19

and one more error message comes up regularly i.e.

00:05:00: %AAAA-3-NOREG: authentication method 6 has no registry! : ios-base : (PID=16408, TID=13) : -Traceback=(s72033_rp-ipservices_wan-3-dso-b.so+0xA12B0) ([35:0]+0xF802C) ([35:0]+0xF8C6+0x3EF64) ([36:0]+0x3EF3C)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Here is the bug ID for the same: CSCse45735

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCse45735&Subm

it=Search

%AAAA-3-NOREG: authentication method 5 has no registry! T/B

Symptom:

NAS is throughing error with traceback when configure login authentication with local or none method.

Jun 6 12:30:01.760 PDT: %AAAA-3-NOREG: authentication method 5 has no registry!

This issue is a cosmetic, It will show only the traceback. The functionality will be not going to effect by this.

Conditions:

NAS has been configured for login authen with method except group radius/tacacs+

aaa authen login default none

aaa authen login default local

Workaround:

NAS should be configured for login authen with either server group radius or tacacs+ ie. aaa authen login default group radius/tacacs+

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

There a lot of bugs related to that IOS version and at least one serious software issue. Cisco recommends upgrading to version 12.2(18)SXF6

Hope this helps

thanks for your response,

with the present IOS i am geting the error message

00:05:00: %AAAA-3-NOREG: authentication method 6 has no registry! : ios-base : (PID=16408, TID=13) : -Traceback=(s72033_rp-ipservices_wan-3-dso-b.so+0xA12B0) ([35:0]+0xF802C) ([35:0]+0xF8C6+0x3EF64) ([36:0]+0x3EF3C)

can you help me on these, pleaseeeeeeeeee

Hi,

Here is the bug ID for the same: CSCse45735

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCse45735&Subm

it=Search

%AAAA-3-NOREG: authentication method 5 has no registry! T/B

Symptom:

NAS is throughing error with traceback when configure login authentication with local or none method.

Jun 6 12:30:01.760 PDT: %AAAA-3-NOREG: authentication method 5 has no registry!

This issue is a cosmetic, It will show only the traceback. The functionality will be not going to effect by this.

Conditions:

NAS has been configured for login authen with method except group radius/tacacs+

aaa authen login default none

aaa authen login default local

Workaround:

NAS should be configured for login authen with either server group radius or tacacs+ ie. aaa authen login default group radius/tacacs+

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card