Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IOS Software

I have downloaded gns3 and i require CISCO IOS Software for it to operate. Foe the past 5 days i have been looking for it but unable to find. Can someone please guide me, i need to practice with the network simulator.

Thanking You.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: IOS Software

Mitesh

Do you have a valid service account with Cisco. Here is a link to the IOS download page but you will need an account to access it -

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-ios.shtml

Jon

The page says you are not entitled for this service. Is there any other alternate for this.

Thank you.

To download the IOS, you may need to have cisco partner reseller account or direct cisco partner only have the authority to download the IOS.

Hi all.

I regularly buy new Cisco hardware but I need to download iOS software. Is it possible to download with a Serial Number or something which is in the box ?

tks

IOS Software

No..not with the serial number but if you bought a Support contract  with these devices then you can link these contracts in your Cisco  profile. Based on the contract, your user id will get the required  authorisation to access the IOS download page

Or another way is to use the IOS file from the Cisco  Routers bought (if they are of the same platform which GNS support) and  transfer it to the PC using TFTP

Hope it helps

Views
Helpful
Replies