Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Upgradation

rathish_ram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I work for a financial services company and plan to upgrade IOS over all the locations at once. I have discussed this with few of my collegues and they said this is OK however i am quite wary about this and prefer to do this site by site. Please advice.

Thanks,

Ratish

7 Replies 7

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ratish,

Why do want to upgrade the IOS at all locations. Have you been notified of any vulnerability or bug in your current IOS or the IOS is being upgraded to include any new feature?

Anyway it is advisable to go site by site as it will isolate only a particular site if you run into issues with the new IOS.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

No bugs/compatability issues as such. A decision by the management. However many of these IOS versions are 12.1/12.2

Trust me on this, if u dont want to have sleepless nights and the management on ur neck. Do it in phases. If anything happens, which most likely will. Even if u have run ur pilot tests, it is only a pilot test. If it works well there, it isn't a guarantee it will work everywhere. All u need is a failure somewhere in the mesh and u will be all over. The management will not care they tld u to do it all at once. i suspect u hv a large network. so do it in phases. So u can isolate any problem. If u go for it all at once, u might be biting more than u can chew.

Regards,

Gbenga

Hi,

Before going for Upgradation. we need to Take the entire Configuration Back and Start with the Main Office and then move on with the branch offices.

Rate me if its helpful

Regards

Danny

Yes. Have taken backups, configured password incase TACACS fails and all that. My main concern would be doing this on all the locations at once.

Thanks,

Rathish

Hi,

Its not advisable todo this at once, Totally How many sites to you have? divide it and do in phases.

Regards

Danny

What is the IOS you have decided to upload.

You need to check on the Flash & Memory requirements for the New IOS.

I would suggest upgrading a site to check whether the new IOS is stable & you dont run into some issues. Once this is confirmed you can upgrade the rest at one go.

HTH

Narayan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card