Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS upgrade for ME3800 and license

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade an ME3800 switch with IOS ( flash:/me380x-universal-mz.122-52.EY3/me380x-universal-mz.122-52.EY3.bin) to a new version. curruntly the switch has MetroIPServices activated. I downloaded the new version from the cisco web site  (me380x-universalk9-tar.153-1.S.tar)

Do i need to backup the currrntly installed license before the upgrade? or the license will be kept when i upgrade to the new version?

The current IOS is without crypto, can i upgrade to a new version with crypto?

Best regards,

Anas

5 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi Anas,

I have never use the ME3800 series, but have other switches e.g 3560, 3750, etc.. For all these models you only install the license once and when you upgrade the IOS the license does not need to be backed up or reinstalled.  I would think, it is the same with 3800ME.

HTH

Hi Reza,

ME3800/ME3600 and i belive the 3560X comes with universal image and there are licenses to upgrade from feature to feature. the installed feature in my ME3800 is a MetroIPServices, I dont know if i upgrade to the new version, i should migrate the license to the new IOS?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

When you upgrade the IOS, your license will be un-touched.

VIP Super Bronze

As I noted, with 3560X, 3750X switches when you upgrade the IOS, you don't do anything with license. It stays the same regardless of the version of IOS. So for example: if you have IOS 15.1 with IP Services license and you upgrade to 15.2, the license is still the same.

Reza

Thank you

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content