Helpful
Replies

IOS upgrade on WS-C2950-24 running SI

tpaprotny
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 WS-C2950-24 switches which are using the Standard image IOS release

(c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA2.bin).

I need to enable layer 3 QOS on these switches, is it possible to upgrade to the Enhanced Image IOS (12.1.22-EA9(ED),

or do I need to replace these switches?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Disagree , no you can't upgrade I don't believe . The software recognizes what the hardware is and will only install the features that is included with that switch . So if the switch is a SI switch to begin that is all that you can get . You would have to upgrade the switch . Take a look at the images , the SI switches and the EI switches all run the same image so the features installed is done by the software which recognizes it as a SI or EI switch , sorry , always thought it was kind of strange that you couldn't upgrade it too but that is the way it is .

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

enkli
Level 1
Level 1

Yep fully possible

rate if it helps

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Disagree , no you can't upgrade I don't believe . The software recognizes what the hardware is and will only install the features that is included with that switch . So if the switch is a SI switch to begin that is all that you can get . You would have to upgrade the switch . Take a look at the images , the SI switches and the EI switches all run the same image so the features installed is done by the software which recognizes it as a SI or EI switch , sorry , always thought it was kind of strange that you couldn't upgrade it too but that is the way it is .

Many thanks Guys,

I had a feeling that there was a hardware issue here, but was not sure.

Looks like a switch change is my only way.

How can I get the iOS image?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card