cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS version for 4506

lethian12
Level 1
Level 1

I need to update the IOS on my 4506. Its currently running 122-20.EWA4.bin I see a couple of files out there but I want to make sure I get the right one, what file should I be getting for this switch?

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dpends on what feature set you currently have in the switch.

this is the full bootflash im running now.

cat4000-i9k91s-mz.122-20.EWA4.bin

How do I get the features listed so I can post it here?

You currently have the BASIC L3 3DES feature set.

So if you wanted to go to 12.2.25 you would get the file cat4000-i9k91s-mz.122-25.EWA14.bin to maintain your current feature set.

If you want to go to a newer IOS than that you should probably mention whether you use ssh to access the switch or not. Most of the newer IOS decisions can be whittled down a lot just by deciding if you need ssh access and how much mem you have.

In addition to letting the group know whether you use ssh or not you should also include a "show ver" and "show idprom all" output. Knowing what sup versions you have will help a lot to determining what IOS versions your system can support.

Im being told I should go with

Cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-50.SG1.bin

to be fully up to date. However I want to make sure I'm being told to the correct file.

I have attached the output from those commands

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: