Views
Helpful
Replies

IP CAMERA ON VLAN

jimuthdutta
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I need some help on IP camera network I am currently Installing. The project consists of following

1) 22 vivotek camera model IP8332C/FD8134/FE8174
2) 1 QNAP NVR with 48 TB hard disk space of raid 5
3) Cisco catalyst series POE switch 10/100/1000 Model CISCO CATLTSY 2960 / 3560
4) Fiber up link between switch
5) VLAN network created between switch

I have set all the camera to 4-6 Mbps bandwidth and FE8174 to 12 Mbps, the theoretical maximum bandwidth consumption is about 200 Mbps. The VLAN network was created by the customer engineers as per them they have not put any special restriction on the LAN. 

The problem is that I am getting much buffering on the video which per my logic i should not get any, it seems that the VLAN is getting less bandwidth than required,

Is there any special setting is required on the switch? As per the engineer no priority setting has been done and only a VLAN has been created on the switches. The switches are being shared with client network. 

Can Any body advise me on the issue

Jimuth Dutta 
VY Technology Pvt Ltd. 
+91-9871211466
Email-
jimuth@vyteq.com

Skype ID - jim.d.c

Web www.vyteq.com

1 Reply 1

Rajeev Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jimuth,

Have you tried testing the available bandwidth for vlan 200? Many applications are available free of cost e.g. iperf.

Also check for any output drops on interfaces on the switch where IP phones are connected and the uplink. You may have to tweak QoS buffers for uninterrupted service.

HTH.

Regards,

RS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: