Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP discovery tracking. Cant configure under interface.

I was tasked to re-IP a network and its being done by floor. I need to figure out what iP addresses are connected to ports on each switch. Half the range is being re-numberd while others stay the same. Everything is currently on the same subnet and VLAN so I can differentiate by VLANs. There are over 1000 hosts so tracing mac to ip addresses through "show ip arp" will take entirely too long. I have been using "ip device tracking" on all of the 3750 switches and it works great but I cant configure it on the two 4506-E switches I have. I can configure it globally but the option is not available under the interface. Its running IP-base-12.2(53)SG upgrading to ip services in a week. Has anybody had this issue, or am I missing a command somewhere. I check the configuration guide and its shows that the config is valid for that platform and ios.

BTW: I cant configure it on the core 6513 either its running advancedenterprise12.2 (53)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Views
Helpful
Replies