Views
Helpful
Replies

IP NAT command

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi experts,

i would like to know if all ports (i.e. 80, 25, 443, etc) are enabled by default when i use this command:

ip nat inside source static <localaddr> <globaladdr> extendable

could someone enlighten me or expound on the keyword "extendable" below:

"Extendable" static translations:

The extendable keyword allows the user to configure several ambiguous static translations, where an ambiguous translations are translations with the same local or global address.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

To answer you question:-

Yes - ALL ports are enabled.

The extendable keyword allows you to configure  several ambiguous static translations, where an ambiguous translations  are translations with the same local or global address. This option just allows you to "Extend" the translation beyond simple IP!

HTH>

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

To answer you question:-

Yes - ALL ports are enabled.

The extendable keyword allows you to configure  several ambiguous static translations, where an ambiguous translations  are translations with the same local or global address. This option just allows you to "Extend" the translation beyond simple IP!

HTH>

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

johnlloyd_13 wrote:

hi experts,

i would like to know if all ports (i.e. 80, 25, 443, etc) are enabled by default when i use this command:

ip nat inside source static extendable

could someone enlighten me or expound on the keyword "extendable" below:

"Extendable" static translations:

#

The extendable keyword allows the user to configure several ambiguous static translations, where an ambiguous translations are translations with the same local or global address.

John

As Andrew says it does indeed enable all ports but for a specific circumstance. If you simply want to enable all ports for a specific local to global address then you don't need the extendable keyword ie.

ip nat inside source static

would do the job.

Jon

thanks for your inputs! appreciate it!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: