We have a 3560 Switch as a core Switch, and I connected a 3550XL Switch to the core Switch. On our 3560 Core Switch we have lots of server including a CallManager server. Everything is working fine except when I will connect an IP Phone on the 3550 Switch, it can't see our Call Manager server.
Hope you can help guys. Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
- how is the port where the telephone is connected to configured?
- is the voice VLAN available on your switch?
- is the connection between both switches up and allowing the voice vlan to pass?
- is DHCP working correctly? Does the phone receives a address in the correct VLAN? Does he get the IP Address of the TFTP server for his config?
Thanks for the reply, here are the details.
- the port used by the IP Phone is configured to access vlan10 and voice vlan3
- the voice vlan is available on the switch
- im sure the connection between switches allow voice vlan to pass because I test my laptop on one of the ports and I can successfully connect to our vlan10. So basically all vlan's can pass to the switch.
- our IP Phones are configured a static ip address. It has a configured IP that belongs to the voice vlan. And I have also configured the TFTP server on the Ip Phone.
And one thing I forgot to mention, this IP Phone that I used for testing is already working on other switches except on the 3550XL switch that I added recently to our network.
Hope you reply soon Darion. Thanks.
I'm not being a nit-pick or something but you either have a WS-C3550 or WS-C3500-XL-EN. There is no such thing as a WS-C3550-XL-EN.
Thanks for all your replies. The label on the switch reads as: Catalyst 3500 Series XL.
I posted here the config of our Cisco 3560 Core Switch and Cisco 3550 Switch.
Please note that our DHCP Server are only for pc's, we give static IP's to all our IP Phones.
Hope you help me guys, thanks.
Your suggestion works I'm very thankful, but before I will rate your help I have one more concern. Our setup is to carry Voice and Data traffic on the same port, so if we will configure trunk on the port Data traffic will not pass. Do you have a work around for this?
This is an excerpt on the config:
switchport access vlan 10
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
switchport voice vlan 3
Hope you can help again on this. Thanks.
I will just make another post for this problem. And since you help me solve my question with IP Phones and 3550 I will rate your answer accordingly. Thanks.