Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA commands missing?

Volcanon1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've got two routers, Cisco 2911's with 15.1(4)M1 on one and 15.0(1)M5 on another.

I'm trying to set up ip sla for vrrp tracking but the commands seem gimped?  I don't even have an option for ip sla <operation number>.  All I've got is ip sla responder/server/key-chain.

I must be missing something?  Something I gotta turn on?  A different command?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kyle

It is probably your feature set (license) you are running. For example the IP Base in 15.1 only supports the ip sla responder commands whereas the DATA license supports all ip sla operations.

So you may need a license upgrade depending on what you are currently running. Which license you need depends on the other features you need and for this yoiu need to use Feature Navigator -

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

just go to the above link and choose "Searcb by platform" select the 2911 and then enter the IOS you have in the drop down boxes and a feature set and it will show which features are supported.

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kyle

It is probably your feature set (license) you are running. For example the IP Base in 15.1 only supports the ip sla responder commands whereas the DATA license supports all ip sla operations.

So you may need a license upgrade depending on what you are currently running. Which license you need depends on the other features you need and for this yoiu need to use Feature Navigator -

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

just go to the above link and choose "Searcb by platform" select the 2911 and then enter the IOS you have in the drop down boxes and a feature set and it will show which features are supported.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card