Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP SLA failover config

I'm new to networking, and I need some help on IPSLA failover config.

I have a router that I have recently configured ( thanks to all of you for the assistance ), and now I need to configure it for IPSLA failover.

Request:

I have 3 int connections, g0/0 (LAN), g0/1 (WAN), and ATM0/0 (DSL). I would like to configure one of those (the LAN & DSL) int to take over after the other has failed .The router is Cisco 1941.

How would I configure my router for failover?

Would I create 2 route-maps?

route-map int g0/0   <---------- is this right?

match ip add 1

match interface int x/x   <----- what would that be?

route-map DSL   <------ would that be ATM0/0 or DSL?

match ip address 1

match interface dialerx

create the ACL 1

access-list 1 permit x.x.x.x y.y.y.y  <------- (where x.x.x.x is the subnet I want to be natted and y.y.y.y is wildcard mask)

create 2 dynamic nat entries

ip nat inside source route-map int g0/0 interface int g0/0 overload   <---------- is this correct?

ip nat inside source route-map DSL interface dialerx overload

create the ip sla action

ip sla 1

icmp-echo x.x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the next-hop on serial link   <------------ totally clueless here

timeout xxx    how many time without a response so ip sla fails and tracked object is down  <-------- what is the standard default setting?

frequency xxx  how often you send the ping   <-------- what is the standard default setting?

exit

ip sla schedule 1 start-time now life forever  start the ip sla action

track 1 rtr 1 reachability  <---------- do I need to create this tracking object?

create 2 default routes, the backup one has an AD higher than primary and you gonna track the primary

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 int g0/0 track 1

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dialer x 100

Thanks.

- Joey

Views
Helpful
Replies