Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP SLA Support Question

Hello There,

Please forgive this rather tedious post, but if anyone has a quick answer that can help me, I would be most grateful.

In a lab environment I need to be able to carry out some basic IP SLA tests such as ICMP echo / HTTP connect etc. 

I currently have a super old Cisco 2900 XL (2924) running flash:c2900XL-h2s-mz-112.8.2-SA6.bin.

This device does not support IP SLA commands nor the RTTMON mib (it seems).  I have done some searching about upgrading the IOS to a level that may support IP SLA, but I guess unless I go to an ENTERPRISE IOS I will only have the ability to configure IP SLA repsonder and not agent.

I get the impression that infact it may be a step too far for this old switch and therefore I was thinking of the 2600 switch which seems to support IP SLA.  (as always, cost is key!!)

Would I be able to get at least responder working on the 2900 XL and get a new device that will be able to act as an agent, or do you think I need to purchase 2 new devices.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content