cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPbase vs ipbasek9 IOS?

dirkmelvin
Level 1
Level 1

if I have a new router, that has the ipbase image on it (as ordered unfortunately), can I just simply download the ipbasek9, or even the advipservicesk9 image and it be completely operable? As in, will I have full SSH support and all will be good?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just did a little peaking at some 2811/3560 IOS version comparisons on the Cisco Software Advisor web page. Looks like the are now calling IP BASE the older IP BASE W/Crypto. My recollection of IP BASE includes a feature set called IP BASE W/O Crypto.

You might be in luck if IP BASE is the "bottom level" authorized IOS on a basic device purchase.

The basek9 IOS feauture set gives you more than just SSH V2 stuff. You might consider jumping on the Software Advisor and comparing the feature sets on a couple of IOS feature images

I bet they upped the "BASE" feature set to account for the ever increasing default security features required at the vast majority of customer sites.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bjw
Level 4
Level 4

I believe you have to have a valid CCO account and be licensed for whetever non-base IOS version you use. Call your Smartnet/support contact. AFAIK you just can't download whatever IOS feature set you want without paying for it, or having a support/maintenance contract.

I do have a CCO login, and I have access to all the images, I just haven't updated/upgraded many routers to know if it was just that simple. I figure I would have to pay for the AdvIP stuff (which is how it should have been ordered in the first place), but does the ipbasek9, just give me the SSH ability?

I just did a little peaking at some 2811/3560 IOS version comparisons on the Cisco Software Advisor web page. Looks like the are now calling IP BASE the older IP BASE W/Crypto. My recollection of IP BASE includes a feature set called IP BASE W/O Crypto.

You might be in luck if IP BASE is the "bottom level" authorized IOS on a basic device purchase.

The basek9 IOS feauture set gives you more than just SSH V2 stuff. You might consider jumping on the Software Advisor and comparing the feature sets on a couple of IOS feature images

I bet they upped the "BASE" feature set to account for the ever increasing default security features required at the vast majority of customer sites.

Thank you for the 411. I'll hop on over there now and take a gander.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: