Views
Helpful
Replies

IPTV network infrastructure?

Francis Jr Asis
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day to all!

Can anybody recommend a cisco core switch and access switches in IPTV network infrastucture?

I was ask to implement a network for IPTV system but i don't have idea what will be the model i will use.

I have in my mind in going to research, please check if i am right or any additional information would be better.

Core Switch = Cisco 4503

Access Switches = Cisco 3560X

Thank you for all.

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You are on right track ....

you can use cisco 4507R as a core switch ....its also no problem.

REgards

Please rate if it helps.

can i use also the 3750 as my core if i am on budget?

Hello Francis,

a good design and choice of devices depend on some factors that u have to take into consideration, and one's who want to help must know in order to make good advise. most important one's are budget, network load and future growth, you'd expect to have. you must take these into account then go for the best u can afford.

Not knowing what traffic load or customer count you will face in that network may cause connection outtages and slow network, or the other way u spend too much for something u could do a lot cheaper.

you can  run an IPTV network with a Layer 3 Core - Distribution for multicast routing n stuff, but the volume that ur core's going to handle and the overall throughput u expect could change everything.

Hope it Helps,

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card