cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 NME-16ES-1G-P

is66rlhntadm
Level 1
Level 1

How can I enable IPv6 addresses and routing on this network module?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard,

You need to select the dual ipv4/ipv6 SDM template for the ipv6 commands to be available on the module as mentioned in the following configuration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swipv6.html#wp1319698

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Richard,

you need to create a layer2 vlan

vlan 5

name for-ipv6

to associate ports on module with it

ipv6 routing

and to create an SVI

interface Vlan 5

! here you place L3 commands

! including IPv6 commands

Hope to help

Giuseppe

the IPv6 commands aren't there

Richard,

As Giuseppe indicated, the module just provide the port density to your device. The IPv6 service is provided by whatever IOS feature code you are running in the router.

To identify what IOS feature supports IPv6 for your hardware, please refer to the Cisco Feature Navigator at: http://www.cisco.com/web/go/fn

HTH,

__

Edison.

Please rate helpful posts

I have IPv6 running on my router fine but I'm trying to transition to the NME-16ES-1G for lan connectivity

and as its an ES not ESW it runs an IOS of its own independent of the router's IOS

(they of course have to be compatable)

router 3745 w/ IOS c3745-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T7

NME-16ES-1G w/ IOS c3750-advipservic

esk9-mz.122-46.SE

since as the cisco doc regarding the NME-16ES-1G says it uses the same line of IOS as the 3750 Switches

if I had a NM-16ESW-1G instead then Giuseppe would be right and it would add ports to the router itself but as its NME-16ES-1G this is not the case

Richard,

You need to select the dual ipv4/ipv6 SDM template for the ipv6 commands to be available on the module as mentioned in the following configuration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swipv6.html#wp1319698

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Richard,

I apologize. I made the assumption you were running one of those etherswitch modules without checking the documentation on the aforementioned module.

As Harold indicated, you will run the services as a regular 3750 switch and to have IPv6 features you need to modify the SDM template.

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: