Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Is a 350 card useable on Windows Vista

Greetings, I have a 350 card that I had directly linking to a cable, then antenna, for Internet. Recently I got a new computer with Windows Vista and placed the board and card into it. Vista asked for drivers for the new device. Where can I get the driver or is this card compatible? If not what can I do that is similar?

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Is a 350 card useable on Windows Vista

CAB350 wireless card?

It is an AIR-LMC350 Series 2.4 GHz DS 11 Mbps Wireless Lan Module. Cisco Aironet 350 Series. The back of the card also says AIR-LMC352.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi Trent,

Unfortunately Vista is not supported.

I guess it's because this model is already End-of-Sale/End-of-Life. Cisco's encouraging users to upgrade to the next card. However, for future proofing, Cisco might be quietly developing the next generation of cards with Draft N 2.0. So stay tuned.

Thanks for all the help so far. What card could I buy that would function the same way as the 350, but work with Vista? Or: If I bought and installed Windows XP then would the 350 card work? Thanks again.

Leo, it is not officially supported, but it works with some restrictions.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi Trent,

According to the previous comment, it should work and I'm curious to find out.

Unless you really need a replacement, the CAB21 can do a/b/g but NOT N.

Views
Helpful
Replies