Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is ipbasek9 a feature upgrade to ipbase?

Looking for an upgrade for our 3750s currently running c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE1. I keep running into ipbasek9. What's the difference between ipbase and ipbasek9? Is there a cost associated with going to K9?

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Is ipbasek9 a feature upgrade to ipbase?

ipbasek9 will give you SSH, SCP and Kerberos support. You can download the image if you have a CCO account with a contract. Legally, you need to inform a Cisco reseller and purchase the upgrade license.

I have a CCO account. Going through the Software Advisor for an updated IPBASE IOS for SEE1 and it keeps giving me an IPBASEK9 version. Wondering if K9 is the default...

Interesting, I don't use Software Advisor for download, just for investigating features on a IOS set.

The latest IPBase for 3750 is c3750-ipbase-mz.122-37.SE1.bin

and I found it by going to

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/

Switches Software

LAN Switches

IOS Software

I went to the link and chose CAT3750/IPBASE and got c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-37.SE1.bin. I don't get it.

I don't get that screen, see attached.

The only feature upgrade I can find for the 3750-SMI is advanced IP services and Enhanced Multilayer Upgrade kit. If K9 is the sugguested upgrade then I want to make sure it's legit before I download it.

I don't understand how are you getting to that screen. Very different than mine. Perhaps it has to do with our CCOs (different rights) ?

If you see my screen, you should be able to download 3750 IPBase w/o Crypto.

Views
Helpful
Replies