cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is %SYS-2-MOD_NOINBANDRESPONSE error Critical on Catalyst 6500 Switch ?

Dipesh Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Dear all,

Pls sugguest me what to do.

I am getting below mentioned

since last couple of days on my core switch.

Error code is :

%SYS-2-MOD_NOINBANDRESPONSE

Is this a Critical error ?

How to resolve this ?

Is this resolution will effect the live network?

Pls help soon.

Deepesh

7 Replies 7

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Deepesh,

Please paste " Show version " and " Show module for the switch ". Also is it Catos and you are running protocol filtering on it ?

-amit singh

Dear Amit,

Find the detail you want in attached file.

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

Here is what the error message means:

Showing 1-2 of 2 results Page: 1

1. %SYS-2-MOD_NOINBANDRESPONSE: Module [dec] not responding over inband

This message indicates that the module is not responding to the supervisor engine requests over the inband communication channel. This error can be caused by the following reasons: the supervisor engine being excessively busy; spanning tree protocol loops; ACLs and QoS policers throttling or dropping traffic over the inband communications channel; port ASIC synchronization problems; or Switch Fabric Module problems. [dec] is the number of the module not responding.

Recommended Action: If the problem persists, contact your technical support representative.

2. %SYS-2-MOD_NOINBANDRESPONSE: Module [dec] not responding over inband

This message indicates that the module is not responding to the supervisor engine requests over the inband communication channel. This error can be caused by the following reasons: the supervisor engine being excessively busy; spanning tree protocol loops; ACLs and QoS policers throttling or dropping traffic over the inband communications channel; port ASIC synchronization problems; or Switch Fabric Module problems. [dec] is the number of the module not responding.

Recommended Action: If the problem persists, contact your technical support representative.

Yes I have found that from Error code decoder but and also the action against it I have found from the net but the problem is my Network is running using this Card and if I will do anything than will affect the network activity?

Now what to do i can not understand.

Is this probme may cause the system damage ?

how much critical is this ?

Deepesh

durgeshk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Deepesh,

This message indicates that the module is not responding to the supervisor engine requests over the inband communication channel. This error can be caused by the following reasons: the supervisor engine being excessively busy; spanning tree protocol loops; ACLs and QoS policers throttling or dropping traffic over the inband communications channel; port ASIC synchronization problems; or Switch Fabric Module problems.

Please let me know the name of supervisor and 6500 switch you are using.

Dear Durgesh,

Find the sh ver and sh module file in attachment.

IT's a 6506 Core switch with 2 SUP card. One Sup is in Stadby and one is in Active mode.

Right now Active Sup card has problem. Bur few months before i have seen the same error in SUP 1 aslo and at that time that SUP is in Active mode.

Deepesh.

Pls Reply Soon.....

Deepesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco