cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this Catalyst 3550 image, EMI or SMI?

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All

I was wondering if someone could tell me if the following image is the EMI L3 image or the SMI image please?

The image is c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-20.EA1a.bin

Best Regards,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10
4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Michael, this is an EMI image.

I5Q3L2 = EMI

I9Q3L2 = SMI

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_example09186a0080169623.shtml#concept1

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi Jorge

Cheers, thanks for the confirmation. This is what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure as there is a 3550 on Ebay listed as an SMI but with the above mentioned IOS installed (according to the "show ver" output posted). The posting did not mention that the IOS had been upgraded to an EMI image, so I just wanted to check before I bid.

Again thanks for the swift response,

Best Regards & Best Wishes for 2008 and beyond,

Michael

Michael, you're welcome and thank you for rating..

3550 platforms that come with SMI image are upgradable to EMI but it would be preferable

to have EMI code pre-installed.

here are some of the most common Q&A on this product.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_qanda_item09186a00800913d3.shtml

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi Jorge

Thanks for the link. There is some useful information there.

The switch (if I am successful in the auction) is a SMI model that appears to have the EMI upgrade. As this is just for my home lab for my CCNP studies this will have to suffice, as it is coming out of my pocket and the 3550 EMI models are usually much more expensive than the upgraded SMI models.

Best Regards & Thanks again for the information,

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: