cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Isolate interfaces in c6513

ahmedsalahomar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Core Switch 6513 as the Backbone of my Network , All Edge Switchs and servers is connected directly to Gigaethernet Modules in the 6513, My WAN is Frame-Relay and connected too in the same 6513 through ATM WAN interfaces.

I need to Isolate in Side(1) all the ( Edges & Servers ) ports , and make the WAN interface and another one Gigaethernet Isolated too in side(2), So I can to connect the two sides with an Ethernet Cable.

The objective is to make all Edges and Servers traffic must pass through this Ethernet cable to go through the WAN.

I need to do it like that because I want to connect a WAN optimizer between the LAN interfaces and WAN interfaces.

Do you have any ideas ?

If you have any questions please till me about it ?

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Couple of questions

Are you sure you want your WAN optimizer device inline with traffic and not on a separate vlan and then use PBR to direct traffic to the WAN optimizer - this is how we deployed in our data centres. Advantage of this is that if you then have traffic you do not need to compress/acclerate it doesn't have to go through the optimizer.

Assuming you do want it inline.

How are you WAN interfaces connected into 6513 ie. are they P2P links or do they share a vlan.

How many vlans do you have for servers and edge switches ?

If you could explain a bit more about topology and routing from LAN to WAN it would help.

Jon

Thanks Jon for your replay,

These is the answers of your questions :

How are you WAN interfaces connected into 6513 ie. are they P2P links or do they share a vlan.

What I need that after the isolation happen then the Ethernet port at WAN side have an IP address to make this IP address the default gateway for each of the Edges and servers side and for the WAN optimizer.

How many vlans do you have for servers and edge switches ?

About 5 VLANs

If you could explain a bit more about topology and routing from LAN to WAN it would help

normal one , EIGRP routing , WAN is point-to-point frame-Relay

If you more questions please tell me about it?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card