Does anyone know of any issues with SXJ and source specific multicast? We upgraded our core from SXI6 to SXJ2 and multicast stopped working for all but our L3 links.
Our L2/L3 links stopped working and the only thing that has changed is the IOS version. All the configurations are still valid etc. Currently have a call open with TAC, but wanted to see if anyone else had seen this.
Actually, we did get to the bottom of it. It was the upgrade as such. One of our colleagues had noticed that some of the domain names on our switches were different, so he set about standardisation.
However, he forgot that the domain names are set differently for a reason. Anyway...long story short. When we rebooted the core switch after the upgrade, the multicast routing table was cleared and because the domain name had changed, the multicast could no longer do a successful lookup.
Domain names were changed back and this resolved our problem.
Ok great. I found a bug (CSCtx78044) in SXJ2 where IPmc is delayed 6-8 seconds on SXJ1 so hopefully after upgrading to SXJ3 this will resolve the issue for us. Downtime tonight and I will post the results.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...